is very proud to announce a partnership with Marin Produce of San Rafael to donate additional funds to local nonprofits through its Give Back Tuesday program. Currently, each Tuesday, Iron Springs donates 10% of the day’s sales to a local nonprofit. Starting in February, Marin Produce is contributing an additional 5% of daily sales, for a total of 15%.
In May of 2008, Iron Springs Pub implemented its successful “Give Back Tuesdays” program. During the past four years, over $65,000 has been donated to a variety of local causes. In addition to the financial contribution, local groups are highlighted during their Tuesday at the pub, giving patrons an opportunity to learn about great local Bay Area organizations. By adding Marin Produce as a partner, Iron Springs hopes to have given away over $100,000 by the end of 2013.
"We feel so fortunate that we have been able to give back to the community that we love in this way, and help spread the word about so many great nonprofits," said Anne Dubinsky Altman, co-owner of Iron Springs. “We are a public house, and this program has been a great way for us to give back. We are thrilled to work with Marin Produce and be able to donate even more.
"Iron Springs has made a tremendous difference in the programs the YES Foundation is able to provide the children in the Ross Valley School District. Through their initial contributions and three years of Give-Back Tuesdays they have provided over $20,000 to YES for music, art, theater, library books, after-school sports and more. Their celebration of the White Hill Jazz Band with Jazz Night at Iron Springs give music students a chance to shine in their community. Mike and Anne prove every month with Give-Back Tuesdays how deep their commitment is to the community. As a beneficiary, everyone at YES is grateful for the difference they've made for all the kids in Ross Valley District schools,” -- Julie Quater, of the YES Ross Valley Schools Foundation
“The Iron Springs Give Back Tuesday events provide an opportunity for MCBC to connect with our members, while raising money for important programs that encourage people to get out of cars and onto bikes. It's a natural fit, given that so many bicyclists visit the pub on a regular basis. It's easy for them to stop by and spend money knowing it supports two things they love, bikes and beers! With the generous support of Iron Springs we've raised over $2,000 for bicycle advocacy in Marin. Thank you Iron Springs!” – Tom Boss, membership director for Marin County Bicycle Coalition