MARIN FIRE DEPT. PANCAKE BREAKFAST
The Marin County Fire Department will hold its annual Fourth of July Pancake Breakfast on July 4 from 7 to 11 a.m. at the Marin County Fire Department's Woodacre headquarters, 33 Castle Rock Avenue in Woodacre.
- Pancakes, eggs, and sausage will be on the griddle
- A "bounce house" will be set up for children
- Various community groups will have informational tables at the event
- Price for adults is $9 and for children under 12 is $5.
Reminder from the department: fireworks are illegal in Marin County.
For more information, contact the Marin County Fire Department at 473-6717.
SLEEPY HOLLOW RUN, PARADE AND PARTY
Fun Run and Walk
Starts at Deer Hollow Road and Butterfield Road
- 9:15 a.m. registration and 10 a.m. start
- $1 entry fee
- Options of 1, 2 or 3.2 miles for all ages
- Prizes for winners
Starts at Oak Knoll and Butterfield at 11 a.m.
- To join the parade, line up at 10:30 a.m.
- Supervisor Katie Rice will be the parade’s grand marhsall
Other Sleepy Hollow Fourth of July events include a Sleepy Hollow Swim Team gourmet hot dog lunch from noon to 1 p.m.; poolside entertainment, from 1 to 3 p.m., including clowns, pool games and music by the steel drum connection; barbecued oysters from 5 to 6 p.m.; dinner, from 6 to 8 p.m., featuring pulled-pork, chicken, salad and hot dogs; and entertainment by Sonic Strut, beginning at 5:30 p.m.
WANT TO WATCH FIREWORKS?
Check out (including those at the Marin County Fair in San Rafael and off the coast of Sausalito).
Also, ferries from Tiburon will dock at Angel Island State Park this year so people can watch fireworks from the island, according to the Marin IJ. The fireworks ferry (which costs $20 for adults, $18 for children ages 6-12 and $10 for children ages 3-5) will depart from Tiburon at 6 p.m. and return to Tiburon at 11 p.m. For more information, visit angelisland.com.
See this Marin IJ article for information about other Fourth of July events in Marin, including parades in Ross, San Geronimo Valley and Bolinas.