—Written by Genevieve Bookwalter
Welcome to our daily Northern California Patch news roundup!
Dominating headlines on Monday were the H1N1 influenza virus, which claimed more Northern California victims over the weekend.
have been 14 confirmed flu deaths in the Bay Area so far, with two more
reported today (Monday) in Santa Clara County and another in Santa Cruz
"In Santa Clara County, there have been four flu deaths this season, including the two reported today. Those two victims were 61 and 62 years old."
Read on for more on the flu virus and other top stories around the greater Bay Area.
- France Resident Stalls Homestead Homeowner's Construction Project
- Low Flying Planes Spraying 'Greenish Type Fog' in Miramar
- Middle Schooler Arrested for Bringing Brandy Cocktail to School
- Seattle Seahawks Ticket Site Bans California Sales
- Serial Arsonist Strikes Fear in South Bay
- 15-yr-old San Jose girl makes US Olympic figure skating team
- Beef Recalled: Authorities Say Beef Wasn’t Inspected Before Slaughter
- 4.5 Magnitude Quake Rocks North Bay
- Google Acquires Nest for $32 Billion
- Fire Destroys Homeless Camp ‘Library’
- Crystal Springs Uplands School resubmits application for new private middle school in Belmont
Get Patched in: