More than 5,000 cycling enthusiasts are expected to come to Fairfax on Saturday for the annual Biketoberfest Marin on Saturday, Oct. 13, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., at the Fair-Anselm Plaza.
As the Marin County Bicycle Coalition’s Tom Boss already outlined in a blog post on Patch, the event, hosted by the MCBC and Access4Bikes, will include:
- Cargo Bike Jubilee with bike parade, workshops and competitions
- Live Music (see schedule below)
- Family Activities
- Brewfest with 30 beers from 18 West Coast Brewers
- Bike expo with 70 exhibitors
- Handmade bikes and bicycle museum
- Group road and mountain bike rides
Last year the event raised $25,000 for MCBC and A4B.
The MCBC is encouraging attendants to bike to the free event, which will have free bike parking. The brewfest tasting is $25 in advance or $30 day of. For more information, visit biketoberfestmarin.com.
Going to Biketoberfest? Make sure you upload any photos you take to our gallery.
LIVE MUSIC SCHEDULE
Noon: Dogtown Ramblers
1:30 p.m.: Philip Der Stein Quintet
3 p.m.: Swamp Thang
4:30 p.m.: The Tribal Blues Band
Clif Family Winery (wine, not beer)
Most Popular Articles on San Anselmo - Fairfax Patch:
- Mountain Lion Encounters: What To Do and How to Avoid Them
- Dead Bird Found in Ross Valley Tests Positive for West Nile Virus
Get local headlines and events sent straight to your inbox. All you need to do is signup for our free newsletter. (How easy is that?)