It appears San Anselmo resident George Lucas and his new wife, Mellody Hobson, have been keeping busy since their June nuptials.
The Star Wars creator and filmmaker reportedly purchased nearly $10 million in Starbucks shares this week.
Hobson, a member of the Starbucks board since Feb. 2005, filed papers outlining Lucas’ purchase, which was done via a trust he controls, according to Bloomberg.com.
Earlier this month, the couple celebrated the birth of a daughter, Everest Hobson Lucas.
Lucas married Mellody Hobson in June in Marin and the couple had a second star-studded wedding reception in Chicago.
The billionaire sold Lucasfilm to Disney for $4.05 billion last year. He donated all the cash from the Lucasfilm-Disney deal to his foundation Edutopia, which is based in San Rafael and supports education programs.
The couple stood side by side when Lucas recently unveiled statues in a San Anselmo park he donated to the community. At the ceremony, Lucas told the large crowd Star Wars and Indiana Jones were both created in San Anselmo.
- Supporters Rally Around George Lucas' San Francisco Museum Proposal
- George Lucas Weds Melody Hobson at Skywalker Ranch
- George Lucas Throws Second Star-Studded Wedding Reception in Chicago
- Watch: George Lucas Presents Indiana Jones and Yoda Statues to San Anselmo
- President Obama Honors George Lucas, Kay Ryan at White House
- George Lucas Donates Downtown Building to San Anselmo Chamber