A note to electric vehicle owners in Marin: Charge Across Town is driving San Francisco forward to becoming the most EV friendly city in America with EV Week, featuring public test drive & rides, an EV expo and evening party launches of the latest electric vehicles to hit the U.S. market, including the first all-electric SUV from Toyota.
EV Week includes:
- The latest luxury, practical and off-road electric vehicles on Justin Herman Plaza.
- S.F. Mayor Ed Lee leading an EV caravan to the launch event where he proclaims EV Week with a call to “Start Your Engines” to a simultaneous silent hum of EVs.
- Former S.F. Mayor Willie Brown Jr. checking out the latest electric vehicles.
- Interactive exhibits from PG&E, Toyota, Nissan, City Car Share and others.
- General public test drive & ride EVs on the Embarcadero.
Here is the schedule:
11 a.m. Monday: Launch event featuring Mayor Ed Lee and former Mayor Willie Brown Jr. at Justin Herman Plaza
11 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday: EV EXPO featuring educational and interactive exhibits from electric vehicle producers, solar energy developer SunPower, PG&E and others at Justin Herman Plaza.
5:30 p.m. Monday: Evening reception at San Francisco Toyota to celebrate the launch of the Rav4 Electric, the first all-electric SUV.
11 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday: Test drive & rides on the Embarcadero for the public to try out the newest models of the Toyota Rav4 Electric, Nissan Leaf, the BMW Active E and others.
5:30 p.m. Tuesday: PG&E Pacific Energy Center: Is Your Business EV Ready? Reception for EV Week VIPs and sponsors, city officials, and local business leaders.
For more details, click here.
Here's what else is happening on San Anselmo - Fairfax Patch:
- Fire in Fairfax Meadow Held to Quarter Acre
- Pizzalina is Getting Closer to Completion
- Marin Criminal Defense Attorney Arrested on Child Cruelty Charges After Fleeing Police
- Endeavour Set for Low-Level Bay Area Flyover on Sept. 20
- 4-Year-Old Novato Boy Almost Drowns in Fairfax