Robson Harrington House Live-in Caretaker Needed
Robson House is an elegant mansion that was donated to the Town a number of years ago. It is located at 237 Crescent Road in San Anselmo. The upper floor is rented out for office space, and the lower floor is used for an afterschool childcare program, as well as classes, programs and occasional events.
There is a small studio apartment in the house that is rented out to a caretaker at a reduced rent ($800 per month) in exchange for caretaker duties. The studio is 450 square feet and consists of a large kitchen, bath and bedroom. No pets are allowed in the studio and no smoking is allowed. No exceptions to the “no smoking – no pets” rule.
The duties of the caretaker are as follows:
- Check house is properly locked each night including front door, basement door and kitchen doors.
- Check house is properly cleaned after janitorial cleaning, and before weekend events. Notify Town representative if there are issues or problems.
- Replace toilet paper and paper towels in bathroom when needed.
- Check supplies weekly for bathrooms – toilet paper, towels, and advise Town representative if supplies run out.
- Be knowledgeable about where electrical equipment, circuit breakers, etc. are located. Assist any service provider with finding appropriate boxes, etc.
- Respond to any minor maintenance issues raised by the second floor tenants or downstairs users of the house, include burned out light bulbs, leaky faucets, etc. In general have the ability to handle light maintenance work and be familiar with the use of basic tools.
- Maintain an emergency call list and update quarterly.
- Collect mail from first floor and send unknown mail to Town Hall twice weekly. Dispose of junk mail.
- Respond to routine tenant requests within 24 hours.
- Refer any unusual tenant requests to the Town representative within 8 hours.
- Notify the Town if away for more than two days.
- Maintain cordial and cooperative working relationship with Town and town representative. Refer any concerns or issues to the Town representative immediately.
- Provide information to casual users of the gardens, park or house about the House, the Town and park use.
- Other duties as requested.
In order to apply to be considered for the Robson Caretaker position, interested persons should complete a rental application, which can be downloaded at http://www.townofsananselmo.org/DocumentCenter/View/2081 or picked up at Town Hall during our open hours, Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
To be considered, rental applications must be complete and received by Tuesday, September 4, 2012, at 3 p.m. either by emailing the application to firstname.lastname@example.org or by dropping the application off in the Town Hall offices during regular hours. For more information call Joanne Kessel at 258-4626.
Interview with San Anselmo’s Children’s Librarian
April Hayley, the San Anselmo Library Children’s Librarian, was interviewed recently by the Children’s Book Review for their new column “On the Shelf.” The column shines a spotlight on brilliant children’s librarians. Check it out at:
We are proud of April and very happy to have her in San Anselmo.
The San Anselmo Police Department belongs to a service called “Nixle.” Nixle is a way to receive important safety information regarding our community on a timely basis. The Police Department posts public safety alerts, traffic bulletins and community information on Nixle. You can choose what type of information you receive and whether it comes to you by text message, email or via your web browser.
To register for Nixle, go to www.nixle.com. Click “Sign Up Free” and create an account by completing the requested information. Finish by clicking “I accept - Sign Me Up.”
This service has proven to be very effective in alerting residents to accidents, road closures and other information that is needed on an immediate basis. Give it a try!