The impact of Typhoon Haiyan has been devastating. UN and Philippine government estimates more than 9.7 million people are affected in 41 provinces across nine regions across the country.
With the help of local Marin businesses and tennis/athletic clubs, three Mill Valley women have organized an effort to collect much needed supplies for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.
“The world has responded and we want to help in this most pressing time,” said project leader Liz Miranda, “And we could use your help to also.”
Donations of the following are being collected through Nov. 30, are several easy drop locations.
- CLOTHING light jackets, shirts, pants, undergarments
- NON-PERISHABLE FOODS, sacks of rice
- MEDICAL and First Aid Supplies
Bins are located at the following locations:
- Harbor Point
- Tiburon Peninsula Tennis Club
- Belvedere Tennis Club
- Marin Tennis Club
- Mill Valley Tennis Club
- Bay Club of Marin
- Mill Valley Market
- Goodmans Lumber
- Delta Airlines is donating 50% of their flight’s cargo load between San Francisco to the Philippines from November 18th - 25th.
- American President Lines has already transported and will continue with 40 foot containers.
- CANCA, Cabugao Association of Northern California is facilitating delivery to carriers.
- Father Andronico “Sonny” M. Pahed Jr.- Priest, Immaculate Concepcion Church, Angeles City, and President, Rotary Club Angeles Kuliat has already received container loads and is distributing already.
For more information contact team leaders:
Dinna Eisenhart, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tes Norlin, email@example.com
Liz Miranda, firstname.lastname@example.org,