There’s plenty to get caught up in when it’s Thanksgiving.
First of all, there’s the stress that can come from a family gathering or preparing (and shopping for) a large feast.
Then, there’s all the holiday shopping mayhem, which actually begins on Thanksgiving this year for some big box stores. I won’t get started on that.
And there’s the traveling – more than 5.4 million Californians are expected to travel 50 miles or more this Thanksgiving weekend.
But holiday craziness aside, it’s still a wonderful opportunity to take a minute (or moment) and remind yourself what you’re grateful for.
Since the San Anselmo – Fairfax Patch strives to be your resource for everything San Anselmo and Fairfax, I’d like to hear from y’all about what you are grateful for - personally and in your community.
I suppose it’s only fair if I start.
On a personal level, I’m grateful …
- … for the health of all my loved ones.
- … to have lots of wonderful friends that make me laugh.
- … for the memories I have with loved ones who have passed.
- … that Election Day is over and there’s now a glimmer of hope everyone might start listening to each other and attempting to work together.
- … for random acts of kindness.
When it comes to San Anselmo and Fairfax, I’m grateful …
- ... to be the editor of this site, where the local readers have a hunger and appreciation for good journalism.
- … the majority of our San Anselmo - Fairfax Patch readers leave civil and insightful comments instead of being hostile and angry.
- … for all the beautiful open spaces surrounding San Anselmo and Fairfax (including Cascade Canyon, which is pictured).
- … for the teachers and students I take dance classes with at Roco in Fairfax.
- … for the awesome and eclectic community members who blog on Patch.
Now it’s your turn. What are you grateful for in San Anselmo or Fairfax?