Park/Picnic Site Rentals
The Town offers picnic sites that may be reserved. All reservations are processed on a first come, first served basis. NOTE: Some parks do not have restroom facilities.
• Large Group Area, maximum capacity: 75 (6 picnic tables and 2 barbecues), jumpers allowed, call Recreation Office for details. Rented in 3 hour increments: $85/resident, $95 non‐resident; additional hours: $30 resident/$33 non‐resident.
• Small Group Area, maximum capacity: 30 (4 picnic tables/1 barbecue), no jumpers. Rented in 3 hour increments: $69 resident/$79 non resident; additional hours: $20 residents/$23 non‐resident.
Rentals: Price is for the entire day (8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
• Upper Picnic Area – maximum capacity: 45 (2 picnic tables, no barbecue), $75/resident, $95/non‐resident.
• Lower Picnic Area – maximum capacity: 60 (4 picnic tables 2 barbecues), $75/resident, $95/non‐resident.
Grove Picnic Area: Price is for the entire day (9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
Weekdays: $200/resident, $250/non‐resident.
Weekends: $320/resident, $320/non‐resident.
Reservations for all park and picnic site rentals are available on‐line, click on Rec Registration, or by calling the office at 258‐4640.
Robson‐Harrington House Rental Information
Robson House is located only two blocks from downtown San Anselmo at 237 Crescent Road, at the corner of Crescent Road and Raymond Avenue. It is the ideal location for retreats, meetings, baby showers, and small receptions. The 2.68 acres includes the beautiful gardens (some of which are community gardens) that surround the house, adding to the charm of the estate. House rentals include use of upper law areas.
Rental rates for the house are as follows:
Weekday Rental (Monday – Thursday) ‐ $75/hour
Half Day (up to 5 hours) ‐ $225
Full Day (up to 10 hours) ‐ $550
Reservations for all Robson rentals are available on‐line, click on Rec Registration, or by calling the office at 258‐4640.
Weeds on Parkways
A gentle reminder – Maintenance of the parkway area of sidewalks, that is the space in the sidewalk area where there is no concrete sidewalk or driveway paving, is the responsibility of the adjacent property owner. Many parkway areas are covered with high weeds at this time of year, and contribute to the unkempt look that many residents complain about. If you have parkway space that is filled with weeds, please consider taking the time to cut them down. Your assistance is much appreciated.
The uses the Marin Parking Authority for handling parking citations. The Marin Parking Authority administers the parking citation program for all of Marin County, except citations received in San Rafael and Sausalito.
The policy of the San Anselmo Police Department, in compliance with the California Vehicle Code §40202c, is that dismissal of parking tickets is denied except as provided below:
• The issuing officer is satisfied that the violation did not occur.
• In the interest of justice.
If you wish to contest a parking citation, here is how to do it:
1. File an administrative review request with the Marin Parking Authority, within 21 days after the citation was issued or within 15 days of the date of the notice of delinquent parking violation. Mail a letter of appeal to:
Marin Parking Authority — P. O. Box 4037 — San Rafael, CA 94913
(Include your License Plate and Citation Number)
2. An administrative review will be conducted by the San Anselmo Police Department and you will be notified by mail of the results of the review. It may take several weeks for the review to be conducted.
3. If you are dissatisfied with the results of the review, you have 15 days from the date of the letter regarding your administrative review to request a hearing.
4. In order to schedule a hearing, you must post the full fine amount and request a hearing by letter.
5. You will be notified by mail of the date scheduled for your hearing.
6. If you don’t agree with the hearing examiner’s decision, you may within 20 days of the mailing of the hearing examiner’s decision, request a civil review with the County Municipal Court, Civil Division. The Court currently requires a $25 (non‐refundable) filing fee deposit for review of the hearing examiner’s decision.
The Marin Parking Authority has no local office, so business with them must be conducted by mail or by phone. Their phone number is 800‐281‐7275. Citations may be paid via the internet.
San Anselmo News, published weekly on Fridays, is available at the San Anselmo Town Hall, Library, on the Public Notice Bulletin Board, and in the Ross Valley Reporter. It is also available on the Town’s website, and by email subscription. To subscribe to the email list, go here.