The teacher and one student were hospitalized on June 12, hours after eating the baked goods that contained a form of concentrated cannabis.
Culture Shock owner Lorie Kulberg told Marinscope Newspapers that offering the drug-laced cookies to the teacher and students, who were outside her shop last week, was a “complete mistake.”
“I had no idea they were laced at all,” she told Marinscope. “I would never do that intentionally.”
She said the cookies were from the back of her freezer and she had mistaken them for ones she had made. She said many people have given her cookies.
“I did not make those [cookies],” Kulberg told Marinscope. “I am so embarrassed and so shocked. I would be irate if I were one of the parents.”
A parent of one of the students, a 12-year-old girl who spit up one of the cookies with a friend, told Marinscope she was outraged.
On Thursday morning, Fairfax Police Sgt. Stuart Baker told Patch the investigation is still pending. “No charges have been filed, but it’s still under review,” he said. “No initial decision has been made from the [Marin County District Attorney’s] office.”
He said Kulberg was “extremely apologetic” about the incident. “All indications at this point show this was an unintentional act and she was very remorseful," Baker said.
He said the investigation may be completed in a couple of weeks.