As residents of New York, New Jersey and much of the Eastern seaboard enter their second week of recovery from Hurricane Sandy, you might be wondering how to help.
The American Red Cross Greater New York Region has provided the following information with suggestions for helping those affected by Sandy's impact.
- Donate Blood or Host A Blood Drive - Encourage employees to participate in community blood drives and/or host a blood drive on-site for both staff and customers. As a blood drive sponsor, you can help meet the blood needs of patients in your community and across the United States.
- Implement a Customer Donation Program - Give your customers the opportunity to support Disaster Relief by simply adding a dollar amount to their total purchase.
- Sponsor an Employee Giving and Matching Gift Program - Engage employees by sponsoring a fundraising campaign in support of Disaster Relief and provide an incentive to participate by matching employee donations.
- Conduct a Percentage of Sales Program - Showcase your commitment to the Red Cross and the people we serve while generating sales for your company by donating a percentage of your sales to Disaster Relief.
- Donate Ad Space - Donate a portion of your advertising inventory and help share our stories about the individuals, families and communities affected by disaster.
- Place a Red Cross Banner Ad on Your Website - Place a Red Cross banner ad on your company website to reinforce your support of the Red Cross and encourage donations through our Donate Now webpage.
Do you personally know someone affected by Sandy? How are you helping? Tell us in the comments.
Check out the top stories on San Anselmo - Fairfax Patch:
- More Marin DUI Checkpoints on the Horizon
- Whole Foods Ramps Up Prop. 37 Support
- Trolley Vision: From Southern to Central Marin
- Two Ross Valley Rescues
- George Lucas Plans to Donate Disney Money to Foundation
Get local headlines and events sent straight to your inbox. All you need to do is signup for our free newsletter. (How easy is that?)