.

Man Saved from Burning Apartment in San Rafael

When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from a second-floor apartment in a commercial-residential mixed use building.

Quick-acting firefighters in San Rafael were able to rescue a male from a burning apartment Wednesday evening, a fire chief said.

Crews responded to a report of a fire at an apartment in the 100 block of Third Street at about 7 p.m., fire Chief Christopher Gray said.

When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from a second-floor apartment in a commercial-residential mixed use building, according to Gray.
   
A male occupant of the apartment was found in the apartment and quickly brought to safety. He was transported to a hospital for treatment, Gray said.

A neighbor who had called 911 to report the fire also unsuccessfully attempted to save the resident, according to Gray.

Gray said the cause of the fire appeared to be an unattended appliance on the stove.

The resident possibly had a medical condition or reaction, resulting in the unattended cooking, he said. His condition was not immediately available.


Copyright © 2014 by Bay City News, Inc. -- Republication, Rebroadcast or any other Reusewithout the express written consent of Bay City News, Inc. is prohibited.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »