The Fairfax Town Council meets Wednesday night at 7 p.m. at the Fairfax Women’s Club, 46 Park Road.
Remember, if you can't make it to the meeting, you can watch it live online or on the G Channel.
The agenda includes:
- Presentation by Manor School Green Team about helping birds in Fairfax
- Appeal of Planning Commission approval of a Use Permit Modification to allow 7-Eleven to remain open 24 hours a day
- Authorization for staff to submit an application for One Bay Area Grant funding for Parkade Circulation Project
- Request for direction to staff to seek funding for installation of speed tables and other improvements on the East-West Corridor through Fairfax
- Request for direction to staff to survey the crosswalks in town to assess the need for upgrades and explore funding opportunities through Safe Routes to School and other sources
- Discussion/consideration of the introduction of a noxious weed ordinance
Community announcements on the agenda:
- Volunteers needed for the Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 9-11 at the Fairfax Community Church, 2398 Sir Francis Drake Blvd
- One Vacancy for the Open Space Committee for an term to June 30, 2014
- Vacancy on the Fairfax Youth Commission for Ross Valley youth between 14 and 19 years of age
- Vacancy for a Youth Commissioner to serve on the Parks and Recreation Commission for a 2-year term
- Vacancy on the Affordable Housing Committee for a four-year term to June 30, 2016
- Chipper Days Sunday, October 7 and Sunday October 14, Pavilion Parking Lot, Noon to 6 p.m., Fairfax (Residents only)
- The Halloween Parade is in downtown Fairfax at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 31
See what else in on San Anselmo - Fairfax Patch:
- VIDEO: Country Fair Day Parade Highlights
- Where Do You Stand: GMO Labeling and Prop. 37
- Are "Tasteful" Chain Stores a Good Fit for San Anselmo?
- Mountain Lions Vs. Bobcats: Do You Know the Difference?
- Ex-Sanitary District GM Had Been Wanting to Blog For Awhile
- More Than 35 Businesses Sign Up for Patch Workshop
Get local headlines and events sent straight to your inbox. All you need to do is signup for our free newsletter. (How easy is that?)