The Fairfax Town Council meets Wednesday, June 20, in closed session at 6 p.m. and open session at 7 p.m. at the Women's Club, 46 Park Road.
A reception at 6:45 p.m. will thank Town Manager Michael Rock for his service to the town.
On the council’s agenda:
- Adoption of Resolution No. 12-38, A Resolution of the Town Council of the Town of Fairfax approving the closure of Bolinas Road for a Town sponsored on Sunday, August 25
- Authorize Town Manager to Sign Agreement with Bank of Marin for Town Banking Services
- Authorize the mayor to execute an Employment Agreement appointing Judy Anderson Interim Town Manager effective the close of business June 22
- Adoption of Resolution 12-43 authorizing the release of plans and specifications for the 2012 Street Resurfacing Project
- Introduction and Overview of Proposed 2012/13 Fiscal Year Budget
Community announcements from the agenda:
- Volunteers needed for the Fairfax Food Pantry: Saturdays 9-11 at the Fairfax Community Church, 2398 Sir Francis Drake Blvd
- Vacancy for a community member on the newly formed Cittaslow Committee
- Vacancy for a public member of the General Plan Implementation Committee
- Vacancy on the Open Space Committee to complete an unexpired term to June 30, 2012
- Vacancy on the Fairfax Youth Commission for Ross Valley youth between 14 and 19 years of age
- Vacancy for a Youth Commissioner to serve on the Parks and Recreation Commission for a two-year term
- A Flood Control public meeting regarding new FEMA maps will be at Drake High School on Thursday, June 28 at 7 p.m. at the Drake High School Community Room
- LOOT, the pirate musical, at the Fairfax Pavilion, June 29 - July 21, by the Fairfax Theater Company. Tickets available at Town Hall and Revolution 9.
What one question would you ask your council members? If you can't go tonight, what would you ask them if you could?