Home prices San Anselmo and Fairfax will rise more than 5 percent this year, according to a study conducted by an online real estate site.
Zillow.com expects home prices in 244 of the 245 zip codes in the Bay Area to rise in 2013. The only exception will be the 94515 zip code in Calistoga, according to a story in the San Francisco Chronicle.
The story suggests that the primary reason for the price increase is the tight inventory, a lack of homes for sale on the market.
But even with the increase, prices remain significantly below the peak prices of a few years ago.
Here is the individual zip code data for the San Anselmo and Fairfax area.Zip Code Dec. 2012 median Dec. 2013 projection Increase % decrease from peak price 94930 $619,000 $668,143.23 7.9% -22 percent 94957 $2,248,900 $2,435,238.93 8.3% -21.2 percent 94960 $803,500 $848,400.04 5.6% -15.9 percent
Check out what else is on San Anselmo - Fairfax Patch:
- Meet Your Expanded San Anselmo-Fairfax Patch Team
- Fairfax Council Member Resigns
- Hundreds Voice Support for Maintaining 'Life Changing' Team Program
- Lanna Thai Closes and Auryn Thai Cuisine Opens in its Place
- Should Helicopters Spray for Mosquitos in Marin?
- George Lucas’ Daughter Really Has ‘The Force’ in MMA
- Fairfax Police Mistake ‘Friendly Play’ for Fighting and a Domestic Violence Arrest
- Drakes Bay Oyster Farm Continues Fight to Stay Open
- White Hill Robotics Team Nabs Honor for Lost-and-Found System for Seniors