And the nominees in the “youth volunteer of the year” category include Drake High School students:
- Lauren Rogers was nominated for volunteering at the San Rafael-based Lifehouse, which serves people with developmental disability.
- Olivia Sicroff was nominated for serving as Habitat Club President in the Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco chapter.
- Noel Pond-Danchik was nominated for volunteering at San Rafael-based Youth in Arts.
The center unveiled the nominees last week (attached at right) for Volunteer of the Year, Excellence in Leadership, Achievement in Nonprofit Excellence, Excellence in Board Leadership, Youth Volunteer of the Year, Corporate Community Service, and Excellence in Innovation. The Heart of Marin Awards is produced by Center for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership in partnership with Union Bank.
Check out the list and see who else in San Anselmo and Fairfax is on it, including Lydia Cameron, who is nominated for excellence in board leadership at Sunny Hills Services.
“Nonprofit leaders and volunteers work extremely hard to meet the growing needs of our community," Linda Davis, the center's executive director, said in a statement. "It is important that we take the time to recognize them for their dedication and admirable achievements.”
Local singer and actor Noah Griffin will emcee an awards ceremony and luncheon unveiling the winners on Thursday, January 10, 2013 at the Marin Center Exhibit Hall from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tickets are $60 and can be purchased at the center's website or by calling 415-479-5710.
See what else is on San Anselmo - Fairfax Patch:
- New Preschool Opens in San Anselmo
- A New Name for a San Anselmo School for At-Risk Youth
- John Reed Named New Mayor of Fairfax
- Drakes Bay Oyster Co. Fights Closure
- IMAGES: Memorial Park Flood Detention Basin Options