Do you want to improve running, start running and avoid injury? Would you like more energy as you run? With ChiRunning you’ll learn how to take the pounding, effort and fatigue out of running. Achieve your goal – whether fitness, distance or speed with greater ease by focusing on form. Discover what it feels like to run easily & without pain. Reduce effort by using your core instead of your legs. Use posture, gravity and cadence to increase speed and distance. Get tools to avoid becoming one of the 65% of runners that get injured every year.
You will get lots of personal attention and enjoy a rich learning experience packed with good information to help you run injury-free for the rest of your life.
What you will learn:
- ChiRunning vs Power Running
- Running Posture
- Preventing Injuries
- Mastering the skill of using your core while running
- How to run faster and more efficiently using your gears
- How to run relaxed
- Foot placement/Heel lift
- Stride length
- Using gravity to reduce effort and increase speed
- Arm swing for speed and efficiency
- How mindfulness improves your running
- Breathing technique
- The role of Cadence and how to use it
- How to use pelvic rotation for smooth, fluid and faster running
- Body looseners for tendons and ligaments reduce overuse of muscles
- Bonus! Video Analysis
We will not be doing lots of running (contrary to what you might imagine), so no matter what condition you are in, have no fear. We will spend time alternating between demonstrations, fun exercises and technique drills ... the nature of the day will be relaxed, full and inspiring.
Contact Hazel Wood for full details and meeting location.