Downtown Fairfax was filled with hundreds of people for Sunday's , where Bolinas Road was closed between Broadway and Elsie.
While some were concerned the family-friendly event could cause a traffic headache with the closure of one of the town's main thoroughfares, traffic didn't seem to get backed up during Streets for People. Did you get stuck in traffic? Tell us below in comments.
While booze wasn't available for sale, Streets for People included:
- Café tables in the street
- Roco dance will lead dance classes in the street
- Yoga Mountain lead a community yoga class
- Street painting and portraits
- Information on local businesses
- A parklet demo
- Bike demos
- Free bike tune-ups
- Acoustic musicians
- Free “back to school” haircuts for kids
- Youth music showcase
- Creative re-use market
- Kids zone
- Tween art
Did you go to Streets for People? What did you think? Tell us below in comments.
Get local headlines and events sent straight to your inbox. All you need to do is signup for our free newsletter. (How easy is that?)